Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake is now hiring for a Career and College Readiness Coordinator (CCR Coordinator) at The Excel Center in Baltimore City, an Adult High School opening in 2023.
The Excel Center is a tuition-free, public high school for adults 21 years of age and older. The Excel Center offers flexible class schedules, an accelerated competency-based high school curriculum with embedded job training, coaching designed to help students manage work, life, and family, on-site childcare, transportation assistance, and more!
The CCR Coordinator will build relationships, systems, and programs to ensure that each student at The Excel Center graduates with a realistic career plan that is connected to postsecondary employment and education. The CCR Coordinator will provide direct advising and case management services for students as they near graduation and will be instrumental in the implementation of a comprehensive foundational career-development program, which will allow for intentional advisement of students on academic diploma tracks and enrollment in industry-recognized certification courses and/or in dual-credit course attainment. The CCR Coordinator will develop and maintain an industry–based network of community partners, along with close-knit working relationships with local college and university staff, departments, and enrollment protocol. The work of the CCR Coordinator is to ensure that our graduates are supported in a viable pathway into a career and/or college placement, prepared with the skills, resources, and support to actualize their postsecondary plan.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, human services, education, or related field required; master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in a secondary or higher education setting and/or career counseling and workforce development.
- Knowledge of career/vocational theories, career education program development, and community resources and employers required.
- Experience in career pathway development is highly desirable.
- Training in guidance or career/technical education is highly desirable.
- Established network of representatives from business and industry desirable.
Learn more and apply online at careers.goodwillches.org