Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake is now hiring for a Lead Teacher at The Excel Center in Baltimore City, an Adult High School opening in 2023.
The Excel Center is a tuition-free, public high school for adults 21 years of age and older. The Excel Center offers flexible class schedules, an accelerated competency-based high school curriculum with embedded job training, coaching designed to help students manage work, life, and family, on-site childcare, transportation assistance, and more!
The Lead Teacher holds primary responsibility for the ongoing development, implementation, and assessment of the Excel Center’s instructional delivery. He/she will provide instructional leadership to teachers, coaches, and administrative support staff. The Lead Teacher will work effectively across the organization to make certain that students are supported in a way that ensures success both academically and in alignment with postsecondary goals. Essential functions include supervision and development of instructional staff, in-depth analysis of learning outcomes, and identification of internal and external academic supports for all students. This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision, and Values on behalf of Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in subject specialty required.
- 2 years teaching experience post licensing required, 3-5 years preferred.
- 2+ years working in classrooms and coaching teachers preferred with high-need students.
- Strong organizational skills; extremely careful attention to detail and follow-through.
- Experience teaching adults preferred.
- Experience working with a high school curriculum in urban, nontraditional, and/or in adult education setting preferred.
For more information and to apply online, go to careers.goodwillches.org